Ant-Productions Bvba (hereafter “MOTORCYCLE-DIARIES”)
Company number (VAT-BE): 0818.745.623
E-mail : email@example.com
Phone : +32 68 28 78 38
1. Why this Privacy Statement?
Every person (hereafter the “User”) who visits or uses the website www.motorcycle-diaries.com (hereafter the “Website”) discloses a certain amount of personal data. MOTORCYCLE-DIARIES greatly values the protection of your privacy and personal data. We only use and process your personal data in accordance with the Privacy Act and the other applicable regulations. Every reference to the Regulation is a reference to the Regulation of 27 April 2016 on the Protection of Natural Persons with regard to the Processing of Personal Data and on the Free Movement of such Data (GDPR).
With this Privacy Statement, MOTORCYCLE-DIARIES wishes to inform the user of our websites and platforms about possible processing operations and the rights of the user. By using our websites and platforms, the user implicitly agrees to possible processing operations.
2. Who is responsible for the processing of personal data?
MOTORCYCLE-DIARIES is responsible for the processing and decides alone or in cooperation with others which personal data are being collected as well as the purposes and the technical and organisational means with regard to the processing of those personal data.
MOTORCYCLE-DIARIES is free to rely on data processors. A processor is the natural or legal person who processes your personal data upon request and on behalf of the data controller. The processor is required to ensure the security and confidentiality of the data. The processor shall always act on the instructions of the data controller.
Motorcyle-Diaries uses a number of online data processors that collect, store and process your data. These data processors are natural persons or legal entities that process the personal data on behalf of the data controller Motorcyle-Diaries. The natural persons who, under the direct authority of the party responsible for the processing, are authorised to process the data do not fall within this category.
We have carefully selected these processors. The selected processors offer notably all the adequate guarantees with regard to technical and organizational security measures regarding the processing of your personal data. They also satisfy all the other requirements of the relevant legislation. The following categories of processors have been selected:
- A host for the data.
The controller is not responsible for any loss or corruption of personal data, identity theft, data theft, viruses or Trojans, SQL injections or other attacks on computer systems or online cloud portals. The processors have gained professional expertise in their domain and decide therefore in an autonomous manner over the most technically appropriate application to process the data. The data controller is not expected to have the same expertise and speciality.
3. On what legal grounds are my data processed?
In accordance with the Regulation we process personal data on the following legal grounds:
- On the basis of the execution of the contract agreed upon with you for the use of the Website and for support;
- On the basis of compliance with legal or regulatory provisions with regard to the management of the contractual relationship;
- On the basis of your consent to send promotional offers (direct marketing) and newsletters from us and our partners;
- On the basis of legitimate interests pursued by the controller to offer the User a personalized service; including providing information and newsletters.
4. Which personal data are being processed?
MOTORCYCLE-DIARIES commits to only collect and process your personal data which are necessary for achieving the purposes pursued by MOTORCYCLE-DIARIES. A non-exhaustive list of personal data that might be processed can be found here:
- Last name, first name and contact information;
- Username and password;
- E-mail address;
- Telephone number;
- Birth date;
This data is collected at the time of your registration on the Website and when you use our services. Other personal data may be collected later. These data are necessary for the provision of MOTORCYCLE-DIARIES services.
5. For which purposes are my personal data being used?
MOTORCYCLE-DIARIES collects your personal data for the sole purpose of offering every User of our a safe, optimised and personal user experience of our Website and the offered services. The processing of your personal data is therefore essential for the proper functioning of the Site and the provision of associated services. If these data are missing, are incorrect or incomplete, MOTORCYCLE-DIARIES reserves the right to suspend or cancel certain operations.
MOTORCYCLE-DIARIES commits to solely process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To allow the User access to his/her user profile and to use the services offered on the Website;
- To offer and improve a general and personalized service; including providing information, newsletters and offers that are useful and/or necessary for the user and providing support.
- To detect and protect Users against fraud, mistakes and/or criminal behaviours;
- To offer and improve the proper technical functioning of the platform and to provide you access to the application in a secure, effective and user-related manner.
- To show specific content on Facebook based on your actions on Motorcycle-Diaries.com using the Facebook Pixel.
When visiting the website of MOTORCYCLE-DIARIES, some data are being collected for statistical purposes. Such data is necessary to optimise your user experience. These data are: IP-address, probable location of consultation, hour and day of the consultation and the pages which are being consulted. When you visit the Website, you explicitly agree to this collection of data for statistical purposes.
The User always provides his/her personal data to MOTORCYCLE-DIARIES and thus retains some control. If some data are incomplete or seemingly incorrect, MOTORCYCLE-DIARIES retains the right to postpone certain expected actions temporarily or permanently.
The personal data are primarily processed for internal use within MOTORCYCLE-DIARIES. MOTORCYCLE-DIARIES has taken every legal and technical precaution to avoid unauthorized access to and use of the data.
6. Who receives your personal data?
We, at MOTORCYCLE-DIARIES, consider mutual confidence very important. That’s why we would like to ensure you that we process your personal information only for internal use. We neither rent nor sell your personal information or those of your visitors in personally identifiable form to anyone but the trusted and reputable categories of third party processors listed.
To help us deliver our Service, we use various third party apps. We make sure that in our agreement with these third parties, your privacy will be guaranteed.
We carefully selected the external service providers and review them regularly to ensure that your privacy is preserved. All such third party processors are contractually bound by us to keep your information confidential. All information provided to third party processors is used by them only to carry out the service they are providing for us.
We will not transfer your data to any other third parties without letting you know in advance or asking for your prior permission. We may only transfer your data to other third parties without informing you separately beforehand in the exceptional cases legally provided in the Privacy Act, notably when such transfer is necessary or legally required on important public interest grounds, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
7. How long do we store your personal data?
Your data is stored as long as necessary to achieve the ends pursued. They will be erased from our database as soon as they are no longer necessary for the ends pursued or if you validly exercise your right to erasure.
8. What are my rights?
8.1 Guarantee of a legitimate and secure process of your personal data
MOTORCYCLE-DIARIES always processes your personal data in an honest and fair manner. This includes the following guarantees:
- Your personal are only collected and processed according to the described and justified purposes of this privacy statement.
- Your personal data are only collected and processed to the extent that this is sufficient, nugatory and not excessive.
- Your personal data are only stored for as long as necessary to offer our services.
The risks of an accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, modification of or access to every other not allowed process are reduced to a minimum. In the event of a break-in in its informatics system, MOTORCYCLE-DIARIES will immediately take every possible measure to limit the damages to a minimum.
8.2 Right to access
If you can prove your identity, you have the right to obtain information about the processing of your data. Thus, you have the right to know the purposes of the processing, the categories of data concerned, the categories of recipients to whom the data are transmitted, the criteria used to determine the data retention period, and the rights that you can exercise on your data.
8.3 Right to rectification of your personal data
Inaccurate or incomplete personal data may be corrected. It is primarily the responsibility of the User to make the necessary changes in his "user area" himself, but you can also request us in writing.
8.4 Right to erasure (or “right to be forgotten”)
You also have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal data under the following assumptions:
- Your personal data are no longer necessary for the intended purposes;
- You withdraw your consent to the processing and there is no other legal ground for processing;
- You have validly exercised your right of opposition;
- Your data has been illegally processed;
- Your data must be deleted to comply with a legal obligation.
The deletion of data is mainly related to visibility; it is possible that the deleted data are still temporarily stored.
8.5 Right to limitation of processing
In certain cases, you have the right to request the limitation of the processing of your personal data, especially in case of dispute as to the accuracy of the data, if the data are necessary in the context of legal proceedings or the time required to MOTORCYCLE-DIARIES to verify that you can validly exercise your right to erasure.
8.6 Right to object
You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. MOTORCYCLE-DIARIES will stop processing your personal data unless it can demonstrate that there are compelling legitimate reasons for the processing which prevail over your right to object.
8.7 Right to data portability
You have the right to obtain any personal data which you have provided us in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. At your request, this data may be transferred to another provider unless it is technically impossible. You also have the right to transfer these personal data to another controller when the processing of your personal data exclusively relies on your permission.
8.8 Right to withdraw your consent
You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time, for example for direct marketing purposes.
8.9 How to exercise my rights?
If you wish to exercise your rights, you must send a written request and proof of identity by registered mail to MOTORCYCLE-DIARIES, Lumen 6, 7880 Flobecq, Belgium or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond as soon as possible, and no later than one (1) month after receipt of the request .
8.10 Possibility to lodge a complaint
If you are not satisfied with the processing of your personal data by MOTORCYCLE-DIARIES, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant Data Protection Authority.
We can store 'cookies' on your computer during a visit to this site. Cookies are essential for us in order to optimise your visit on our website. Cookies, for example, remember every technical choice you have made (e.g. language settings), and help us offer you more relevant services and suggestions.
We recommend that you enable cookies on your computer, tablet or mobile phone upon a visit of our website. If, however, you feel the urgent need to restrict, block or remove cookies, we gladly explain you how to manage your browser settings:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer
- In Internet Explorer, click on ‘Internet Options’ in the ‘Extra’ menu.
- Under the ‘Privacy’ tab, set the settings to ’low’ or ‘accept all cookies’ (any setting above ‘medium’ will disable cookies).
- Click on 'OK'.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Click on ‘Firefox’ in the top left corner of your browser and then select ‘Options’.
- Under the ‘Privacy’ tab, make sure ‘Tell websites I do not want to be tracked’ is not ticked.
- Click on ‘OK’.
For Google Chrome
- Click on ‘Extra’ in the top of your browser window and select ‘Options’.
- Under the ‘Under the Hood’ tab, look for 'Privacy' and select ‘Content Settings’.
- Now select ‘Allow local data to be set’.
- Click on the Safari Menu in the top of your browser window and select ‘Preferences’.
- Click on ‘Security’ and then tick the option that says: ‘Block cookies from third parties and advertisers’.
- Click ‘Save’.
Or check with the help function of your internet browser.